Bangweulu Bay Lodge has a total of three chalets with a lakefront view. The accommodations are all within 200 meters away from the most beautiful white beach you will ever see. Each chalet can accommodate up to 3 people and is equipped with a solar-powered geyser providing hot running water every day. There is 1 double bed and 1 single bed in each chalet and they all have en-suite bathrooms. Amenities provided include toiletries, bath towels and mineral water.
The lodge also has a Boma which can take approximately 50 people, ideal for workshops, meetings and other small functions. Bangweulu Bay Lodge has a full service restaurant to cater for all your needs.
Activities take full advantage of the unusual setting and include Hobie Cat sailing, island boat trips and fishing. The lodge has its own scenic harbour and a mangrove thicket which is treasured by vervet monkeys. The lodge has easy access to the rare ecosystem of the Bangweulu Swamps; the only place to find the endemic Black Lechwe antelope, and one of the best places to see the rare Shoebill Stork. Swimming in Lake Bangweulu is another option for relaxation or as a sport.
Accommodation Standard Season
(10 Jan - 30 Apr) Peak Season
(1 May - 9 Jan)
5 Thatched Chalet p.p.p.n. (twin/double, max 3, private wooden deck) US$150 US$170
Family Chalet p.p.p.n. (min. 2 full paying) US$160 US$180
* Full board rack rates (excluding drinks)
* All meals and snacks including private dinners
* Teas & coffees
* Standard included activities: fishing, birding (shoebill stork), game viewing (black lechwe), catamaran, sunrise cruises
* Local cultural ceremonies, including beach barbeque and tribal dances
* Daily laundry service
* Special honeymoon treats
Flight Costs & Road Transfers
* Road transfers Lusaka Int' Airport to BBL: US$450 per vehicle (max 4 pax)
* Flight - Lusaka to Mansa inclusive of Road transfer to Bangweulu Bay Lodge @ US$580 p.p.
* Air Charters available upon request
Private Guided Tours
* Guided boat rides to Wetlands & Islands: US$65
* Visits to Mambilima Fall: US$180 (max. 5 pax)
50% for children below 12 years old. No charge for infants under 3 years old.