Hearty Beef Chili
Friday, 04 May 2012 | Published in: Food
A warm and hearty blend of beef, garlic and spices. Serves 8.
- 0.907 kg ground beef
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1.7 kg stewed tomatoes (canned)
- 0.4 kg tomato sauce (canned)
- 0.4 kg kidney beans (canned)
- Cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- In a pot, mix together the beef, garlic and onion. Over medium heat, cook until beef is done. Drain liquid and place beef mixture in a bowl.
- Add in the spices, tomatoes and sauce, and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce, cover, and let simmer. Cook for about one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the beans, and let simmer and additional twenty minutes without the cover. Serve garnished with cheese.
Submit and View Comments
1 cup milk 6 scoops strawberry ice cream 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping 1 tablespoon whipped cream, optional Fresh strawberries, sliced, optional Directions Combine first 5 ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with whipped topping and sliced strawberries.