What Employers Are Looking for On Facebook
You already know how important it is to clean up your Facebook and Twitter accounts when you're job-hunting—especially now that some employers are asking to look at your social media pages during the interview process. But now we know what they're looking for.
According to a new CareerBuilder.com survey, employers say they're on the hunt for these red flags:
* Inappropriate or provocative photos (49 percent)
* Information about a candidate drinking or using drugs (45 percent)
* Poor communication skills (35 percent)
* Discriminatory comments about other people (28 percent)
* Lying about qualifications (22 percent)
Apparently you don't have to stress over your Twitter feed as much: 65 percent of employers said they home in on Facebook, while 63 percent look at LinkedIn. Only 16 percent look at Twitter.